Pages

Sunday 21 October 2018

Port Renfrew and Avatar grove

Hi,
Last weekend I spent my sunday with the daughter of the couple where I'm staying doing a little road trip :)
We left in the morning to go to Avatar grove and Port Renfrew on Vancouver Island.
Gnarliest tree
The drive up there alone is worth doing this, beautiful nature all along the way, we were lucky with the nice weather to.
On the way up we did a little stop along the way to see a big old tree, you would miss it if you didn't know where to stop, but of course my great guide new where it was :)
After first passing Port Renfrew to go to see Avatar grove, we did a little toilet stop and I had to go into a outhouse... That was a first hahaha, Essa (the daughter) told me that those were pretty clean, there are worse... Well  don't think I'll do that again :)
Arrived at Avatar grove we did a little hike to get to the gnarliest tree in Canada. Just being there is like being in another world, I get why they call it Avatar grove. They've put in some wooden stairs and walkways to make it easier to access, because it's really ruff nature up here, love it!!
We also had Oliver (the dog) with us and he just loved it, he kept on running up and down :)
The hike up wasn't as bad as we thought it would be and the surrounding are stunning.
After that we went to Port Renfrew and Essa brought me to a beach where they go camping once a year. This place is just breath taking. It's also at the start of the west coast trail, a famous trail in Canada, but I won't do it cause you have to go up and I don't do good on heights :)
We had our picnic on the beach and enjoyed the view. From here going straight in the ocean the next stop is Japan. You can see the west side of the island is more wild, just so beautiful, this is one of the most beautiful places I've been so far.
After showing me the little town of Port Renfrew we started to head back home.
It was a beautiful day in nature, so thankful Essa brought me here to witness this beautiful nature.
I hope you enjoy the pictures :)
Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment