Pages

Monday 22 October 2018

Hiking to Skutz falls...and falling

Hi,
Today I went on a fun hike with Essa again, near Duncan this time.
We were going to find Skutz falls, something she even never went to before :)
So on the way there we parked near a canyon to enjoy the view and then it would take us 2km to get to the falls, not bad. The trail is pretty flat and easy to walk on and the nature is just amazing.
This is known to have bears and cougars wander around, but I still haven't seen any big wild animals.
The falls weren't really waterfalls like we thought, it was more of rapid water flowing, still nice to see. On the way back we took a bit of another way, first did a bit next the river and then a bit on the road before having access to the trail again. Then we saw a path a bit more beneath and decided to go and check that out. We came out on a nice campground with a wilder trail to follow back. So we took that one, it was not flat anymore and a lot of tree roots on the path. We did take some really nice pictures. At one point we were going down, on one side the forest on the other side the cliff with the river at the bottom. Thats were I started slipping on some tiny rocks...I fell but luckily on the side of the forrest and I just hurt my leg, gonna be hurting more tomorrow I guess :) After letting a big group of hikers pass we also went back on our way.
I've been really careful the rest of the way back :) but we were almost at the end.
Another hike and still no bear sightings for me...
Maybe one day...
Oooh yeah, after the hike we went to try out my first rootbeer float....it wasn't as bad I thought it would be :)
Love,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment