Pages

Thursday 13 December 2018

Moving on to the next adventure

Hi,
It's been a while since I wrote something, but I was mostly busy working in Subway.
Yesterday was my last day of work and some colleagues I won't forget :)
I've been working there for the last 3 months and happy to have found that job.
Duncan is known for it's many totem poles, you can even make a walking tour of all of them. This is such a nice little town. I enjoyed my time here.
Saturday I leave my workaway family here in Duncan, where I stayed the last 3 months.
They will be missed as well as the family dog Oliver :) They were like a second family to me.
I was so lucky to have found them, because I didn't know what my next move would be.
They welcomed me in there home and it felt like I was a part of the family.
Their daughter Essa who came home in the weekends was always happy to do some things with me (you can read our adventures in previous blogs). I really appreciate all that she has done for me. Also this weekend will be one of our last adventures together. I'll go over to spend the weekend with here in Victoria, before taking the ferry to Vancouver on Monday. I have a view rooms to visit in Victoria on saturday, cause thats me and my sisters plan B for the next working part of this journey. And monday I'll see a view in Vancouver as well, before deciding..
Sunday Essa will show me around Victoria a bit and I already know it will be a fun time :)
The son of the family Nolan also took me on a hike while here (see other blog) and gave my rides to work at times at well, I'm thankful for that as well :)
Tom and Lael are such nice people, I can never thank them enough for taking me in and showing me around the Island. They were always there to give me a ride after work as well. Because buses in Duncan have weird hours :)
They're always welcome to visit me when I'm back in Belgium.
I made so many memories out here and met so many nice people.
Like going to the hockey game, going on hikes, seeing Vancouver Island, see goats on a roof,...
Now it's time to continue my adventures with my sister, she arrives monday evening!!!
I will continue my blog, but also we will film some of our journey on our youtube channel :)
I hope you enjoyed my solo travel blog as far, cause I did enjoy traveling by myself. But can't wait to see my sister after 7 months apart!!!
Love,
Sarah


Wanted to end with some pictures of all the things I did while being in Duncan.
See you next time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment